Job Title: Marketing and Event Manager
Closing Date: November 16, 2018
Crosscut Distillery is looking for another energetic, passionate and skilled individual to join the team. Crosscut is a locally owned, small business, producing and selling grain to glass spirits, located on Kelly Lake Road. Preference will be given to those with an advanced education and skill set beyond job responsibilities (photography, web design, mixology, sales etc.)
Note: As a small business, everyone will be involved in both the exciting and mundane tasks, regardless of primary responsibilities. This means that in addition to marketing and event responsibilities, managing the Bottle Room and occasional sales calls, this position may include; unloading a truck of bagged grains, cleaning around the distillery, retail shifts and assisting with bottling and labelling.
- Management of the Bottle Room, including retail shifts (regular evenings and weekends)
- Maintain and improve upon social media presence
- Examination of current market position and make recommendations for changes
- Serve as brand ambassador to media and events
- Hosting the Bottle Room on a day to day and event basis
Key Skills and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in communications, marketing, business, business administration or public relations
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Capacity to embrace change in a growing industry and business environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively and effectively manage time and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of social media and marketing strategy and tactics
- Competence in event coordination
- Can lift and carry 50lbs and above
- Comfortable in social settings and engaging with the public
- Must have and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license (minimum G2)
- Must have a clean criminal and driving record
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
- Willingness to travel – there may be some events that require provincial travel
- Post – secondary graduate
- Smart Serve Training
Start Date: December 4, 2018
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 16th, 2018.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.